I tripped across an interesting list of questions about marketers. What the heck are marketers anyway? I am not really sure, but these questions are pretty interesting. Especially if you apply them to the development of a dish, the interaction with purveyors and guests, running a kitchen or just living life. The list came from The Church of the Customer Blog. Actually, they linked to the list from Deborah Schultz, a consultant and evangelist for new marketing. Again, I am not sure what a marketer is let alone new marketing, but here is the list, brought into our medium.
This is the list Deborah says when people start talking about marketing. As I noted, many of these and similar questions should be asked about food and the world there of.
10. Yes, but why do I care?
9. I’m sorry but your product/company/feature does not make me go "aHa, cool, I want that" ...yet.
8. Yes, it’s hard, but the devil is in the details.
7. Have you asked your customers what they want?
6. The last 20% effort is when things get really interesting?
5. No, real evangelism, buzz and community cannot be manufactured out of thin air.
4. Cultivating impassioned customers for sustainable growth actually takes time.
3. Because they are your customers – you serve them.
2. It's a relationship, and relationships take work.
1. Why are you so afraid of your customers?