At first I thought it was a bug bite. Then I looked a little more closely and it resembled poision ivy. This was a very bad thing because I am extremely allergic to poison ivy. But I didn't remember seeing any on our walks. So I Googled poison ivy on Hawaii. There is no poison ivy on Hawaii. What is on the islands are plenty of mango trees with mango sap. Mango sap contains the chemical urushiol, the very same one found in poison ivy and poison oak. Now I am hoping that with the help of some generously slathered on cortizone cream that this allergic reaction does not turn into a full blown itch-fest with swollen closed eyes and oozing sores. Especially since we leave tomorrow and it's not a short trip. So fair warning, if you are allergic to poison ivy and oak, wash your hands well after handling fresh mangos straight from the tree. Better yet, have someone else handle them for you.